While accepting the Best Contemporary Blues Album Grammy for Please Don't Be Dead, Fantastic Negrito gave a shout-out to the Tiny Desk concerts series, which he said changed the course of his life and offered hope when he'd almost given up.
As we approach 11 years and more than 800 concerts behind my desk, all of us at NPR Music feel proud of championing the artists we're passionate about, including Kacey Musgraves, Anderson .Paak, Brandi Carlile, Leon Bridges, Punch Brothers, St. Vincent and, of course, Fantastic Negrito.
We're thrilled that this crop of talent will be recognized by an even larger audience. Congratulations to the night's winners!
• Best Rap Performance, "Bubblin"
The Band's Visit
• Best Musical Theater Album, The Band's Visit
• Best Americana Album, By the Way, I Forgive You
• Best American Roots Song, "The Joke"
• Best American Roots Performance, "The Joke"
Cécile McLorin Salvant
• Best Jazz Vocal Album, The Window
• Best R&B Performance, "Best Part," H.E.R. feat. Daniel Caesar
• Best Contemporary Blues Album, Please Don't Be Dead
• Best R&B Album, H.E.R.
• Best R&B Performance, "Best Part" feat. Daniel Caesar
Jack Antonoff (Bleachers)
• Best Rock Song, "Masseduction" (Jack Antonoff and Annie Clark, songwriters)
• Album of the Year, Golden Hour
• Best Country Album, Golden Hour
• Best Country Song, "Space Cowboy"
• Best Country Solo Performance, "Butterflies"
• Best Chamber Music/Small Ensemble Performance, "Anderson, Laurie: Landfall" Laurie Anderson and Kronos Quartet
• Best Traditional R&B Performance, "Bet Ain't Worth the Hand"
• Best Traditional R&B Performance, "How Deep Is Your Love"
• Best Folk Album, All Ashore
The Soweto Gospel Choir
• Best World Music Album, Freedom
• Best Rock Song, "Masseduction"
• Best Alternative Music Album, Masseduction
• Best Instrumental Composition, "Blut Und Boden (Blood And Soil)"
'Weird Al' Yankovic
• Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package, Squeeze Box: The Complete Works of "Weird Al" Yankovic